Monday, October 16, 2023

Friday Night at the Movies


Friday Night at the Movies

Liveliest night of the week
What are your most rememberable “movie nights”?
Two stand out for me.
We walked to town to catch “Spartacus” starring Kirk Douglas.
I was 11
Went with my big brothers
And my little brother
During the last scene
The “I am Spartacus !” … “No, I am Spartacus” scene
My little brother started snoring
Loudly
The audience chuckled !
Another one was “Cool Hand Luke” starring Paul Newman
Again went with my brothers … cost a buck to get in.
Afterwards when we got home
Mom always asked each of us
What the best part of the movie was
Usually we had different answers for the movies we went to.
Not Cool Hand Luke
Every one of us described in detail
The hard boiled egg eating contest
Including the big fat tummy of Luke
After he won !!
Oh there is a third favorite “movie night” memory
Feb 23rd, 1979
“California Suite” starring Richard Pryor and Alan Alda
First date with a special lady
In college
Now my wife.
Friday night at the movies





No comments: