Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Come Rest


Come Rest

Mid afternoon
On my package delivery route
Had my camera with me
Looking for some good, dappled light, shots
Beautiful scenery all day
Country roads
Tall trees
Sun peeking through
Photo opps around every corner
Day went like … deliver, shoot, deliver some more
Shoot some more
By 3pm
I am taxed
I deliver at the end of this gravel road
Past 2 barns and one shed
One winery too
I make my delivery
Turn around in the driveway
And there it was
The image
But much more
I stopped
Took the shot
But stayed there
Something was keeping me there
Looking at the hammock
But it wasn’t the hammock that had my attention
Capturing my focus
Something much bigger
I sensed
He asked me
You worn out
Rung out
Weak at the knees
Mind full of worries
???
Come rest
It is easy to do
Come to Me
You will find real rest
Real peace
Rest that that hammock
Can not provide
Will you come?
Come Rest



No comments: