Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Perspective

Perspective

What am I missing?

I just focus on what interests me
Passing over a huge bucket of beauty
A three year old sees the world uniquely
I follow them for an hour
Seeing their world
Perspective of a kid

An afternoon spent in the meadow
With a beautiful lady, my wife, and her sketchpad
I watch
For three hours
On how she sees
On how she articulates
On how she feels
About the same three hours I am living in
Our three year old grandchild is with us too
Same meadow
Different experience
Two different perspectives



Afterwards I am fascinated
By what she saw
My wife and my grand daughter.
Their view is different
Their view is unique
I value both of these people
And their perspectives

All of today
The day after
I will ponder
Ponder their view on beauty
On art
On drawing and painting
On the simple wonders of the meadow.
On being together
How three hours seemed like 3 minutes
When submersed in beauty
A beautiful meadow
Together
On a beautiful day
With beautiful people

Perspective is a beautiful gem.

No comments: