Tuesday, September 20, 2022

But Those Eyes

 

But Those Eyes

I looked around at all the people to photograph.
Forty or so
All with a unique demeanor
All over sixty years old
One might say weathered
I just say a life well lived.
Some on walkers
Canes
There was one young man
Eighteen
Had the GQ look
Handsome
And then I saw him
Locked into his eyes immediately
We connected
His eyes were so expressive
Ninety-eight years old
His eyes were shining oh so bright
His face had years and years of living
His eyes were fresh and sparkling
As if his life story was told through his eyes
Through my camera I gazed at him
At his eyes
Photograph already taken
I imagined these eyes when he was sixty
Forty
When he was a twenty year old.
The same brilliance.
But those eyes
I wanted to look into his eyes
Longer
He is a stranger to me
But I captured an image
In my mind
And camera
That I will hold onto for years
But those eyes.


No comments: