Monday, August 29, 2022

My Place of Peace


 My Place of Peace

Peace
What the heck is it anyways
Always has seemed to be elusive to me in its meaning
I know it when I see it
When I feel it
I grew up in a hectic world
So early on I knew no peace
No place of peace

Until

Someone told me
"Peace I leave you.
My peace I give you."

I mulled those words around for years
Slowly I started to find peace
A fullness of the moment I am in
The hectic world around me stops
Contentment comes over me
I see the harmony of the colors
I feel the beat of the drum
No matter that my surroundings is so loud
I am at peace
I feel peace

Sometimes I just sit
And read
Those words on the page
Bring me peace

A walk in the meadow
With my grandkids
Hearing their laughter
Across that meadow
Brings me peace
That is peace
Given to me
Left for me
To be at peace


No comments: