Monday, November 27, 2023

A Chilly Early Morning


A Chilly Early Morning

Early morning
Chilly morning
Late November
From inside my home
The sun outside looks so warm
Memories of the early fall morning
Until I remember the date
Camera in hand
Hand and fingers chilling as the minutes go by
How to capture the beauty of the morning
This chilly morning
With a photograph
So many possibilities
The frost on the window
Hanging between the wisteria
Cold water, very very cold water
Pouring out of the fountain
Into a pond with crystal clear reflection
Of fall colors and blue morning sky
But the shot, as if calling my name
To be taken
When I walk beneath the red-ish leafed tree
Is the sun
Beaming toward me
Its light shining through the leaves
Highlighting what beauty nature gives us
Every chilly early morning


No comments: