Monday, February 20, 2023

Where is Papa Bear?


 Where is Papa Bear?

Imagination
The world I lived in as a kid
Goldie Locks and the three bears
One of my favorite stories
I always wondered what it would be like
To run into Papa Bear?
Momma and Baby Bear I could handle
Papa Bear got me a bit nervous
In an imaginative way

I'm always on the look out for Gnomes
And Lephreicans
Fairies not so much
Nor Dragons
Peter Rabbit, most definitely

So when I turned into a big kid
Sixty-Five years big
I have a forest of my own
An acre-wood
A meadow too

And there is evidence that these imaginary characters live there

My grandkids are on the look out for them
And so starts there imagination wheels
Spinning away
In wonderment
In curiosity
And when just trompsing through the forest
Looking for sticks or rocks
They ask ...
"Hey Poppie ...
... Where is Papa Bear? I see his chair!"




No comments: