Tuesday, January 31, 2023

What are you thinking?


 What are you thinking?

"Excuse me ... I wonder if I can bother you for a portrait of you this morning?"
He asked what for.
I replied why ... "Class assignment!"
He said sure, and with a big smile.
Ice was broken.
He continued his work cleaning and filling the ice machine.
I did my think all the while him
High up on  ladder.
His name was Dennis
Like mine.
As I shot he gave me many smiles and eressions
I had about 6 good "portraits" of him
But in mid convo
He paused
Looked down
For probably four moments
A couple of "deep breaths" worth,
I quickly framed the shot
And click
I got the shot I wanted
Oh I don't mind the pleasant smile shots
Even the full of life expressions.
Something but this shot
Looking down
Stillness
Within himself
If only for  moment
For two deep breaths
Through my whole shoot of him
I wondered "What is he thinking?"
Actually I wonder this of most of the people I shoot
Even my wife
Kids
Grandkids
Thinking ... inside our heads
Makes ones expression and demeanor
Look different
He has that look
I will never know what he is thinking
But I can imagine.
I think it is pleasant thoughts.
What are you thinking?

No comments: