Tuesday, January 10, 2023

 Music moves my Soul


 Music moves my Soul


I have no clue why
I just know what happens
When I crank up the volume
Of my favorite musician
R. L. Burnside always gets me
The Beatles
Any track on Abbey Road
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass
The Four Seasons by Mr. Vivaldi
Steven Curtis Chapman playing Lord of the Dance
Earth, Wind and Fire engulfed me
When I crank up the volume
On a sunny day
Windows down
Or in my garage
With my big "college days" speakers
Blaring
That works too
My soul is moving
That rhythm
That beat
Melody
Solid lyrics that resonate deep in my heart
I connect with
Then Bamm
It is like I am part of the song
Sucked in to trhe current
No turning back now
The song takes me on a journey
Not like the last time I played it
New places in my mind and soul
Explored
The effect of good music
Moves my soul.

No comments: