Monday, September 04, 2023

My Art


 My Art

My photographs
That I create
Have origins in my heart
My mind
My eyes
They are mine
In all their quirkieness
And "off-the-wall-ness"
So to have someone else not only
Touch my photographs
My art
But edit them
Is so, so hard
If I were honest
If I were not
I would just say
Oh go ahead and mess around with them
No problem !!
But nope.
So who I choose to make those edits
Takes trust
I chose my wife
Whom I trust whole-heartedly
Especially when it comes to creative direction
I would not let many people edit my photographs
But her
Yes
I love her perspective
I love her creative vision
She taught me to
"Crop Ruthlessly"
Zero in to the subject of the piece of art
All else is fluff
And distraction
Just a different perspective
I trust her
Her eyes are different than mine
As her black and white and up close edit shows
I saw my image
Through her eyes
Brilliant edit, Carol.


No comments: