Monday, October 03, 2022

In Crisis

In Crisis

Scared?
I once was
No where to turn
Deep in a forest
Yelling but no one listening
No one hears

I came here once
Opened that door
To one who would listen
Just listen
I needed rest
I was in fear, of everything
I had to trust that this was the place
Come in, won’t you?
He asked me

I answered, yes
I found rest
My enemies could not breach that door
My soul is restored, finally

And now …
Now I know of that battle
I go inside that room now
To listen, hold a hand
Of that one person who needs rest
In the still waters behind that door

Like someone did for me

Can you help that one person?
Who has a heart that aches
Does not know where to turn
Who need just one thing
Someone to listen to them
Sit beside them
Comfort them
Be that person, won’t you?
Help that person
In crisis

No comments: