Sunday, July 31, 2022

I Love It Here


I Love It Here

I love it here
She said
While strolling on her favorite beach
On her favorite island
Her home.


I am not far behind.
Actually, I have placed my rear
On a big driftwood log
I like to look out to sea
She likes to look down the shoreline
I look for sailboats
Or freighters
An intriguing image
To photograph
She looks for shiny things
Seaglass in particular
Or shells

We are together
Although we go at different paces

We are both soulful
Both taking in the breeze
The sound of the waves
However small
The smell of the saltwater

We end up back at the starting point at the same time.
Her with a pocket full of shells and seaglass.
Me with 300 photographs

We end up with a deeper connection
With each other
With our island

We love it here
Especially when we are together
Here

No comments: