Monday, June 27, 2022

Reflection

 

Reflection

Reflections have always intrigued me.
It is rare when a reflection matches the subject exactly
Walking down the street who hasn't looked to the side into a store window
To see what one looks like?
Was the reflection what you thought it should be?
Me neither.
My favorite was at the county fair
The maze of mirrors
A ton of reflections
Of me
Big Tall Skinny ones
Short wide plump ones
The whole maze was full of children's laughter
Was I the only adult in there laughing too
Nope

People in my life
My past life
Have reflected to me
What my life looks like
What I look and act like
But a few of those people I should not have trusted
They reflected a "Me" that was not accurate
Not who I was

And it hurt
Hurt me

Be careful who you trust to reflect who you are
Truly are.
For you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

No comments: